Friday, May 11, 2007

pants and such

In the good news of the day I did try on pants today. I had one pair that would have been perfect, were I to suddenly sprout another 3 inches. And I actually tried on a pair of size 12's. I wouldn't ever where them in public as they made my thighs look like over grilled brats just before the skin bursts and they pop, but I was able to get them on and zipped.


I'd probably be able to fit much better if I didn't have all this stupid extra floppy skin and flab. I was thrilled to buy a shirt that was only a L, no more X's for me. {I'd never get and xs, if I lost that much I think I'd be hospitalilzed}. I also invested in a sports bra. Jogging with out one could be hazardous to me and anyone on the same block. {there is track only two blocks from here at the elementrary school, so I power walk/jog there}



Had a great visit with Warren tonight, and The Falcon is back at home and ready to take on the Kessel Run. I don't even want to know what was going thru the mind of one of the previous owners who had fixed part o the exhaust {under the car, not visible unless you hoist it up and look} with duct tape?? Even mechanically challanged me, wouldn't think of that. It was kind of funny though, considering it was rather fried.



I'm in a better mood tonight. I had salmon and asparagus for dinner along with a healthy dose of Mel Brooks {Young Frankenstein}, and Mel always cheers me up. So does having a nice pleasant visit with my boy. I was evil mommy and snuck him in a few illegal skittles. Just a few that he ate while we talked.



And tommorrow is Friday. I have two days off and to myself. No getting up, no work, no obligations other than a few household chores and a visit to my son, or two.

No comments: