Monday, May 28, 2007

A day to myself

wanted to do Yoga yesterday afternoon, but the class was canceled due to the holiday weekend. So I did a half hour of cardio and about 30 minutes or so of strength training. I can believe how litte upper body strengh I have.

I did have some quiona salad after my work out as I felt rather tired and weak {pretty good and easy to make, cooked quinoa, corn, black beans, green peppers, any other veggies you like with salsa and a little veggie stock to thin it out. very high fiber, high protein and lots of vitamins and minerals, also low salt depending on the salsa you use, I used Paul Newmans mild, delicous}, but it may not have been enough.

After my work out and hot tub time, I watched tv in the lounge and read for awhile, then visted Warren.

I say it may not have been enough, as by the time I went to see Warren I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open. I was also supremely cranky, and over sensitive.

After leaving Warren I stopped and got some movies at Blockbuster, so I could have a me day, and easy day today, since I'm not going anywhere. Per my usual ecletcic self I snagged: Monty Python Live, The Wall - Pink Floyd, Men in Black {always funny no matter how often I watch it} and Beowulf and Grendel {I'm nothing if not hard to figure out}. Right now I"m watching Monty Python. {hold the SPAM}.

But afterwards at the grocery store was the hardest It took me almost over and hour to get thru, {not unuusal given my label reading obsession}, but afterwards at the stupid self checkout, I nearly had a breakdown when it wouldn't scan my damn blackberries {I love those little purple delights}, thankfully the checker in charge was able to reason with the computer sytem.

I knew it was my bloodsugar when on the way home I devoured my blackberries {1/2 pint} and was soon feeling much better. At home I had some Sole, some broccoli slaw, some sugar snap peas, and some more quinoa salad with a small piece of whole wheat bread. I also had two {plain} cups of green tea and half a bottle of kombuchu. I was so much better and ready to go.

so much so I shelled and ate about ounces or more of unsalted peanuts. I'm not sure what that did for my diet.

I woke up this monring feeling tired weak and cranky again. I had some kashi and almond milk with strawberries and peaches. I don't feel weak and cranky, but I still feel hungry. I'm not sure what I want.

Aside from walking down to get the paper I think I'll just take it easy today. I am so sick of being stuck in the 170's for over a month now. I'm just not even going to think about anything today, but relaxing and getting myself prepared for the week ahead.

To borrow a quote from airplane, "Looks Like I picked the wrong week to give up amphetamines"

May all my fellow Americans have a safe, fun and happy Memorial Day, but let us not forget the true reason for the day, while we are stuffing our faces and burning our buns.

No comments: